Wednesday 15 February 2017

Flames

Here is how I make Flames for putting on aircraft to show damage.


You will need "modelling" pipe cleaners, which come in various shapes & colours.  

Discard the ones you don't need (my nieces were really pleased with the cleaners I did not want) and keep the black and white ones that look like this:










Make them into a "hook" shape:
















Paint each smoke plume at the "hook" end with red and yellow paint (Good old Humbrol Enamels.....)

Pipe cleaner Fire Flames Marker






Apply to your victim...!

B17 Bomber Plane Fire Flames 1/600 Tumbling Dice Marker















B17 Flames Fire Marker Tumbling Dice 1/600 Wargames
Bomber B17 Fire Flames Marker 1/600 Wargames

























In this case, a 1/600 Tumbling Dice B-17 G 



6 comments:

  1. Many thanks! It seems a lot easier to paint planes than make this darn blog work! It is, however, early days, so I hope that it gets easier over time.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Success! I have found your blog Colin. Nice little idea by the way.

    Good luck with your blogging - I have found it an excellent extra dimension to my hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. A really quick and simple battle damage marker that does have visual impact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete